Find answers here about what you can expect to pay when you order a Fix delivery, when you’ll be charged. Learn how you save money with Stitch Fix here.
How Fix order styling fees works
- You’ll be charged a $20 styling fee when your professional stylist begins to style you (the fee covers their time and expertise). It’s usually about 2 weeks before your Fix delivery date.
- Your fee will be applied as credit toward any items you decide to keep. You’ll see it displayed on your receipt as a subtracted amount.
- Your styling fee can only be applied to a purchase from your current order. It doesn’t roll over to your next delivery, isn’t refunded, and can’t be transferred to another person.
- If you have another upcoming Fix order, your next styling fee charge may occur right after you send back your previous returns.
What items cost
- The individual and total cost of your Fix delivery items will depend on what you decide to keep. You’re always in charge of setting your ideal price range for each category in your style profile.
- If you keep all the items in your Fix delivery, you’ll receive a 25% discount at checkout.
- Additional taxes may apply depending on your location. You can read more about sales tax here.
- Once your Fix delivery arrives, you have 3 days to make your decisions, check out and send back your returns. If your returns are late, you may be charged the full price of your shipment. Read more about our return policy here.
- If you’re purchasing an item from your Shop tab, you’ll be charged as soon as you submit your order.